Australian National University
Head of Centre
Reporting Relationship for Head
The Director of the Centre for Learning and Teaching reports to the Pro Vice-Chancellor Education.
Structure and Staffing
The Centre for Learning and Teaching (CLT) provides expert advice and support in delivering innovative learning and teaching services through collaborative partnerships across the University. CLT is a service division and has a strong orientation to stakeholder collaboration and provision of high quality services to the ANU education community, and is comprised of three teams:
- The Education Communities and Environments (ECE) Team promotes, recognises and communicates teaching excellence as it relates to education research, scholarship and co-development of the University’s virtual and physical learning environments.
- The Education Design (ED) Team advises, supports and partners with teaching staff via consultation and projects on educational design, digital technologies, and pedagogy in order to enhance teaching and learning effectiveness.
- The Continuing Education (CE) Team provides opportunities for ANU professionals and members of the wider community to extend and enrich their learning through diverse course offerings and professional development initiatives. These include academic and interest courses in the Centre for Continuing Education (for ANU and the wider community), the ANU Extension program for high achieving Year 11 and 12 school students, and diverse ANU Staff Education training and professional development programs delivered by CLT staff in partnership with colleges and other ANU entities.
Typical Activities of the Centre
- Staff Education in Teaching and Learning programs
- Interact Blog
- Education Fellowship Scheme
- Course Design Help
- Education Technology Help
- Awards and Grants