The Strategic Plan for 2019-2021 is accessible as a PDF here
The Council of Australasian University Leaders in Learning and Teaching (CAULLT) is the peak professional body of university leaders in learning and teaching. Its mission is to enhance the quality of learning and teaching in Australasia.
CAULLT’s vision is to be:
- Recognised in Australasia as the key advocate and influencer in university learning and teaching.
- A key support for learning and teaching leaders in their role as strategic and effective promoters of quality academic practices within their institutions and in the university education sector.
CAULLT values a holistic approach to academic/educational development that focuses on both professional capability and institutional capacity for quality learning and teaching, including:
- Open communication and a willingness to share across the university education sector,
- Purposeful partnerships,
- Evidence-based practice informed by the scholarship of learning and teaching,
- A futures orientation based on a deep understanding of contemporary university education and changing landscape,
- The well-being of university leaders in learning and teaching including the promotion of the professionalism,
- Diversity and inclusion.
CAULLT’s goals for 2019-2021 are to:
- Provide quality support, professional learning and networking opportunities for leaders in learning and teaching.
- Influence and promote the enhancement of university leaders in learning and teaching in Australasia.
- Advance and support the scholarship of learning and teaching in Australasian universities.
- Position CAULLT as a key contributor to the policy debate within the Australasian higher education sector.
- Facilitate a rich and shared understanding of higher education learning and teaching in Australasia.
- Advance and support professional learning in learning and teaching.