Become a Member
CADAD Membership Information
Membership of CADAD is open to Australian universities eligible for funding under the Australian Higher Education Support Act (2003) which are members of Universities Australia. If your organisation or institution does not meet this requirement, you may be eligible for Affiliate Membership. Further details about membership can be found in the CADAD Constitution which is displayed in this section. Alternatively, inquiries about membership can be directed to the CADAD Secretariat at email@example.com
Each university member institution is represented by an institutional nominee (normally the leader of the central organisational unit that carries formal responsibility for academic development), chosen by the member institution. Each member is also invited to nominate an alternate. Free attendance at CADAD meetings is restricted to two delegate per member institution.
To join CADAD, please complete the membership application form and send it to the CADAD Secretary. You will be notified of the outcome of your application within one month of receipt and, if your application is successful, an invoice for payment of membership fees will be sent to you in due course.
The membership fee for 2018 is $2,200.
Overseas universities wishing to have affiliate status may apply to join CADAD on a half affiliate membership:
- Affiliate half membership: For 50 per cent of the annual membership fee, the representative will be entitled to all CADAD communication and access to resources. Attendance at the CADAD meetings is not included in this membership fee, but the representative may attend any of the meetings by paying a fee.
Affiliate members will not be eligible to vote at business meetings, or hold an executive or formal position.
To enquire about becoming an affiliate member, please contact the CADAD Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Institution Benefits*
. Professional development activities
· Career development opportunities
· Networking and mentoring opportunities
· Online and in-person sharing of relevant learning and teaching issues related to academic development
· Free attendance for two representatives at two meetings annually (note that meetings are held in various capital cities across Australia)
· Access to funding and CADAD’s support of research and development projects of importance to the sector
· Access to professional relationships with key bodies
· Regular communication on issues and access to the full CADAD Website and resources
Affiliate Member Institution Benefits **
. Access to all CADAD communications and resources. Please note that attendance at CADAD meetings is not included in this membership fee, but the representative may attend any of the meetings by paying a fee.
* Please note that membership will lapse if fees are 3 months in arrears.
** Affiliate membership does not entitle affiliate member institutions to vote at business meetings, or hold an executive or formal position.